• In the Spotlight:

has anyone ever thought......

of just picking up and leaving your family and never look back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Some days I just want to take my son and leave my SO.
    KellyBelly89

Answer by KellyBelly89 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes but I thought about taking my son with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes but then I realize I'd be truely miserable without them.
    Anonymous

• Ya I did it too, with 2 of my kids and left his daughter because if I didnt there would have been hell to pay. He is a good daddy just not good to me!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• As a fantasy, yes. As reality, no, not really. I do think sometimes about packing up my bio kids & leaving DH & the s-kids. I know I wouldn't but being a step mom stresses me out more than being a mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I haven't. I've weighed pros and cons about leaving DH sometimes, after a fight or whatever, but the thought of the kids always keeps me home, and we always get over it and move on with our family, so I'm thankful we both have that glue there when emotions run high, kwim?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Well, it's only me and the kids. I do sometimes, when they are both really frustrating me, kind of fantasize about a life with no kids. But it's only a fantasy, I would never really do it. I love them too much and would be too miserable without them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• not my son. my DF... yes
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, I have fantasized about picking up and going on without my family ~ only on days when they've frustrated me and I'm stretched to the limit...you get so wrapped up dealing with the day end and day outs of life that you forget to take time for yourself and you're left short fused, confused and totally stressed out...it seems that everyone's taking and no one is giving towards you...I've had those days...more than I care to remember...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 12:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009