Would anyone be upset if a nest of bald eagle eggs was deliberately destroyed?

If so, do you defend a woman's right to abort her baby? Does it seem ironic that one is punishable by law and the other is legal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ajquinn.. your forgetting something.. the baby's rights.. The baby cannot choose to live or die. Where is their choice and their voice?

Gemmi yes the Bald Eagle is PROTECTED because its our Nations bird... what about the PROTECTION of our future generation of babies being born alive instead of aborted.

Yes I would be upset because I LOVE Eagles and yes I Love babies too. Both have a right to live, who are WE to take that right away?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Doesn't seem ironic to me. The Bald Eagle is endangered and also can't stop someone from destroying the nest. Humans are faaaaaaaaar from being endangered.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:11 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hate to tell you this but the bald eagle is no longer endangered.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:17 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Googled that. You're right, carpy, but I still stand by the point I was making. An animal can't choose whether or not someone destroys its nests, a person can choose whether or not to get an abortion. Also, it's not like there is Bald Eagle birth control that can fail on them.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:23 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Once again comparing apples and oranges in hopes of getting people riled up.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:34 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• they may not be endangered but are protected because they are our nation's bird, a symbol of freedom and strength so yes i would be upset...but i like birds more than ppl anyhow, they never kill or judge each other

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with PP, apples and oranges.  We all believe what we believe.  One point that people forget  about is that unless you have been in a situation that may warrant an abortion it is easy to say one thing or another.  As women we should respect each others right to choose, rather you personally agree with it or not, its not your body or your choice..  As for the nest situation, no comparison.

pixiesmom13

Answer by pixiesmom13 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'm sorry Shaneagle777, the op asked our opinion as to whether or not we thought it was ironic. I just think this comparison is not a good one. I'm sorry we don't agree on the subject but honestly we probably won't change each others opinions. You make a good point, a fetus can't speak for itself anymore than an eagle can, but you also have to take the reproduction process into account. Humans have sex for pleasure most of the time, animals only have sex to reproduce. I have many friends who have chosen to have abortions and I think at the time that was most likely the best decision for them. An animal won't reproduce until it is ready both physically and mentally, unfortunately humans aren't the same. If someone is not ready for a child I don't think it's right for us to decide whether or not they should have to have that child.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i never said i was pro life or prochoice, i just happen to say that i like eages better than ppl because they don't judge and kill each other. i know it's impossible but wouldn't it be nice to see mankind debate issues in a mature fashion, all to often it turns into your wrong and i'm right...i'm better/smarter/etc than you and that totally ticks me off...i just wish ppl would be more open minded to others opinions and beliefs.
    as far as the comparison, it's not a good one, IMO.
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i think that it is a good comparison we have more compassion for animals then we do for humans and that is really sad. we worry more about animals getting beat then we do feeding the hungry. this nation has every thing backwards.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009