MY DAUGHTER WONT STOP DIGGING POOP OUT OF HER DIAPER AND WIPING IT ALL OVE HER, HER BED, AND HER WALLS. WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS?

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. SHE HOLDS IN HER POOP TILL I LAY HER DOWN FOR A NAP.

chemicalxjane

Asked by chemicalxjane at 11:22 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try to make it so she can't get to her diaper. Put her sleeper on backwards so she can't get to the fastener. Move her bed away from the wall so she can't get to them. Also, turn up the baby monitor (or get one) or just plan on running in after a few minutes & grab her before she can start making a mess. Rush her to the potty & tell her in no uncertain terms that poop is for the potty.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would get sleepers and put her in them for her nap. Safety pin the zipper to the top so she can't get it open.

misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 11:41 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Backwards diapers, backwards clothes, pay closer attention to when she wakes, and it sounds like you might want to give potty training a go!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 12:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• onesies, always help! my boys can't figure that one ouut
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my son desnt play with the poop but he takes off the diaper and pees in coners an on the rug or he'll poop in corners so i started puttin him in onesies everyday he does it only wen hes nakiy!!so idk try the pin idea thts a good 1
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Are you talking about my son? LOL! My son is a master at unrobing and we had the hardest time with keeping clothes on him let alone keeping the diaper on him. I tried everything like onesies. He just kept outsmarting us. But, I finally outsmarted him when I bought some Big-boy undies. He can't get them off no mater what. It's so funny b/c pants/onsies/turtleneck sweaters are no problem, but the undies are fail proof and cheaper than diaper covers. good luck!

colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 3:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• That's a major sign that she wants to be potty-trained and is ready to try. My son is 1 year old and he used to do that at 8 months old and we put him on the toliet. Now he's halfway through his training and he loves it. As long as your baby can sit up by herself or himself; you can introduce them to the toliet. My son is getting his first pair of underwear today; we'll see what he picks. Have you tried putting those plastic diaper covers on they are impossible to pull off because they stick. Get one size bigger than her size to get over the diaper? And if she does don't punish say let's try the toliet; you're such a big girl to get your diaper off; let's go to potty instead.
    They mostly do it just to show hey I can get it off and it's uncomfortable. Also the more shocked and suprise you act the more you do it; it's another way to get attention too.
    F_Stathouse

Answer by F_Stathouse at 3:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my dd did the samething...i got to point where she was still doing it at 18month so i started making her help me clean it up...that got the messgae across real fast
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 4:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009