what kind of mop do you use? are you happy with your mop?

i use a swiffer wet jet and i really dont like it. i dont feel like it cleans very good. with a 2 year old in the house, my floors get pretty messy. i have problems with my back so i mop every couple days. when i use my mop, i feel like it just moves all the yuck around and i end up on my hands and knees with bleach water and a rag before i feel like it is sufficiently clean. do you have any suggestions on a good mop? i could really use some tips-please dont tell me to mop more often because with my back i dont really think i can without being in pain. thanks

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I go through different mops all the time because I'm not happy with them. I have not tried the swifter wet jet and was thinking about it, but I don't know now lol. Can't wait to see more responses.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I was raised old school that a floor is not really clean unless you scrub it on your hands and knees. Having said that, I do have a Libman Wonder Mop for spots and spills. I does the job. I love my Mom to death but with 5 kids it is not realistic for me to be down on all fours everytime there was a spill, or I would spend my life in that position...which may not hurt my DH's feelings lol.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:35 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We have the shark steam mop. I know my floors still need to be scrubbed every so often but they shine and look awesome now. We have hardwood thruout.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have the Clorox version of the Swiffer mop. I only use it for spot clean-ups, so I'm like ya'll. My floor isn't really clean unless I do it on my hands and knees. I use a Lysol multi-surface spray and spray the floor as I go, and scrub with an old dish rag.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:40 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• anon-i do not recommend the swiffer. thats just my personal opinion but im really not happy with it. i just dont feel like my floors are clean. the things that you put on the bottom of it get dirty soooo fast. i have to change it 3 times before my dining room floor is clean and my dining room is really small. thats not including the kitchen, hallway, and bathroom floors. i hate my mop
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have the H2O mop, and I love it. It cleans with steam, and so far has done a wonderful job. My sister even comes over every couple months to borrow it, so she can clean her house with it. I'm not the type to get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floor. I did once, but this mop gets the floor just as clean as when I tried that, and it takes just a fraction of the time.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:44 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• thats the one i wanted!!! im googling it now to see where i can get the best price
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• ok $100.00 at target. hopefully hubby will come home for lunch and i will be getting a new mop
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Can the h20 be used on any type of flooring?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Dishcloth and bucket on my hands and knees....works great!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2009