ugh. I am getting so upset. I can't get into lamaze classes because they are all booked. My only option is going to the health department. I don't want to do this. Aren't they dirtyish? HELP!! Do I need to take this class??

Jessica7287

Asked by Jessica7287 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes take the class! it is good to know what your body is doing and how to deal with it. i only went to a few days of the 6 week class during my first and i regretted it! i was doing the class at the health dept. the building was o;d and dirty but the class was very informative.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I never took 1 and survived. Just concentrate and breathe in through your nose and out your mouth with your contractions.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• They helped me and my husband a lot but I know a lot of people they don't help and a lot of people that didn't take them. The nurse when you go into labor helps a lot too with remembering your breathing.
    Anonymous

• truthfully you don't need them...women hundreds of years ago didn't have lamaze classes and they made it through! i started lamaze classes and they were a joke and a waste of my time so i didn't go back and i did awesome during both labor and births!!! the labor nurse and support is all you need!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have never seen a dirty health dept.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I didn't... I just watched watched a lot of baby shows on TV and watched how they told them to breathe lol. And I was fine....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 12:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• hey, save yourself some money and time- go to your local library and rent a dvd on labor or read some book. Every labor is unique and when you are in labor you might forget about all the lamaze u heard. And if you are getting an epidural (please do- you will enjoy your labor so so much more), you really do not need a lot to do- just breathe and concentrate. Good luck!
    Adelina09

Answer by Adelina09 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I didn't take any "official" classes. I did alot of internet research and read books, and I was VERY informed if I don't say so myself. I knew exactly what was going on with my body and the baby in all the different stages of labor, and one of the books that I had had a section for Dad's to read--it helped them also understand what was going on with Mom & Baby, what the Mom may be feeling emotionally & then how to help them cope. I had an amazing all natural labor and delivery, and didn't take a single class. Just stay calm, go with the contractions, and breathe...keep your focus on the outcome, not the pain.
    Educate yourself & do the research---and a plus, IT'S FREE!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Myself nor my sisters or any of my close girlfriends ever took a class....it's about as natural as you can get. Trust me...you know what to do.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i never took lamaze and i did fine. but i also have a high pain tolerance
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009