Would you have called the police and complained?

I l own a townhome and my walls are connected with 3 young guys who rent out one of the units. They have been here for two months. Ever since they moved in, they blast their music and I can hear it through my walls. It is really annoying and I have a 14 month old. The owner of the unit lived there with 2 kids that were suposedly very loud accoring to her, but I never heard them at all. Well last night at 1030 they were watching a movie with surround sound. I could hear the dialogue in the movie and they have all of their windows and back door open. You could hear it from every room in my house and my framed picture on the wall would move at some parts with loud bangs!! Would you have called the police and complained, or let it go since it was a movie and not a party or music??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would have called to complain because of the time and the fact that you have a young child in the house that was probably trying to sleep. It's disrespectful.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It is disturbing you and your family. I would call your landlord first, if it is not taken care of by him, then I would call the police.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Have you asked them to keep it down? And explained that you have a baby? They may not even know. I wouldn't call the cops right away, just for a loud movie. Talk to them first and if they don't stop being so loud, then call the cops.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• FROM POSTER- I dont have a landlord because I own my townhome. They are renters and every renter here uses a different agency so there is no way of knowing who is renting these units out. They know I have a baby...they have met us before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would have called as well.
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't have called right away i would have went and said something to them about it then if they didn't turn it down i would have tried the landlord and if they didn't do anything about it then i might have called the cops but you have to live by these people and i would give them a couple chances to mess up before you involve the law....good luck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• FROM POSTER- No one, not even the HOA knows the owners or rental agency. People come and go all the time in these units and there is no way to know who they are renting through unless you ask the renter. It was 1030 when it began and by 11 i had called the police. It defnitely wasnt a first time offense. They play muisic all day and night to the point where our walls vibrate, The thing is, the movie was so loud we could hear dialogue. They play their music all day and night, though.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't call right away just because I know how it is. We live in a duplex in military housing (and have for most of my hubby's military career) and we have had some neighbors who get really loud while having going away parties and such. If my kids are trying to sleep, we will go over and ask them to try to keep it down, and for the most part they do. When someone is blatantly disrepectful (especially after you tell them your kids are trying to sleep) then would be the time to call the cops.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i would of complained, of course where im at we have a NO noise between 9 pm to 7 am.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No, I wouldn't call the police I'd go knock, on one of the perfeclty open doors & asked them to turn it down.  Then if they didn't behave more respectfully I'd call the cops; every town has some sort of noise ordinance.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009