to all those who have had an abortion do you regret it?

Just so I can get an understanding. Every single woman I've met thats had one says she regrets it. But i know theres women out there that don't regret it. i just have yet to met one. are you one?

3rdtymsthecharm

Asked by 3rdtymsthecharm at 11:55 AM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hello...nice to meet you...I do NOT regret having an abortion 12yrs ago. Now you've met one. And to show I don't regret it nor am I ashamed, I will not be anonymous.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Ive recently found out that my mom had one years ago, and she has never regretted it. My SIL on the other hand does. I think it depends on your state of mind, the situation,and the person.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Nope no regrets, it was a decision Hubby and I made together. I am the proud parent of two beautiful adult children and would support them if they made the same choice. (anonymous only to avoid trolls)
    Anonymous

• i would never do it, because i had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy and i have always felt guilty that i did some thing wrong to cause it to happen.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• So anon :11, were you married when you had the abortion?
    Anonymous

• nope. ZERO regrets here.
    belladonna777

Answer by belladonna777 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i'm lucky i've never had an abortion because i've use various forms of birth control up until i had my kids and never had a pregnancy that mandated abortion(medically that happens)and i never would now, my tubes are tied, but i don't judge others for their actions it's none of my business

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i regret i was young and dumb....but never the abortion- i spared those kids a miserable life.
    Anonymous

• yes and no - in hind sight I wish I would have given my family the opportunity to support me and whatever decision I made and perhaps along with their support I may not have gone thru with the proceedure. However, a part of me still thinks that for me at the age I was then which was 19 I wasn't financially and emotionally ready to accept the responsibility of rearing a child on my own so in the long run perhaps I did make the wisest decision for me at that time. Would I do it again if I could go back in time and have a "do over" - I'd like to think that with the resources I have now that the outcome would be different.

I've learned that I cannot punish myself for past actions. Sitting and blaming myself can not bring about anything positive. I'm married now and I have two wonderful-beautiful girls and THAT is what matters NOW.
    Hope that helps explain things a bit. Oh and I could hide behind ANON but I'm not going to.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Nope, no regrets.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009