Why don't some people let their kids watch Dora

It seems like quite a few moms on here have something against their kids watching Dora, with as many posts as Ive seen saying My kids aren't allowed to watch Dora. Why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't believe there are people willing to admit out loud that they are opposed to culturing their children and learning other languages. I find that absolutely appalling, and it is no wonder the rest of the world can't stand "ignorant Americans."
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I let mine and no not see a problem with it.
    Anonymous

• i heard something a few months ago about playing her theme song backwards- it supposedly says some horrible stuff. i still let mine watch dora. they dont watch it backwards! lol!! they actually learn a lot from shows like that.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my kids watch dora...not all of the time like spongebob but they do....some people have a problem with the spanish she teaches them but the way i see it is that it is no different than what spanish class they are going to have to take in school because it is now a required class to graduate.....
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I've heard people complain that Dora is bossy and they don't want their kids imitating that behavior. Personally I only have my son watch PBS cartoons so it hasn't been an issue for us.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 12:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• lol someone actually took the time to play the song backwards . i let my kids watch it sometimes, but she just annoys me to no end so i try yo get them to watch something else
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I just can't stand the show. My son is also not allowed to watch Spongebob.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• the show is good, but some moms just do not her, Dora. I think it is because she is Mexican.( They just won't say it.)
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I let my kids watch it, but it makes me much happier to turn the TV off when it's on. She just annoys me... she yells - she never talks, just yells. Other than that I have no problem with it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't necessarily have anything against Dora or most other characters, but I limit my children's TV and I have a major beef with people allowing their children to be bought and sold by the media. It seems there are very few children who watch these shows who don't also own clothes, sheets, toys, etc. with the images plastered all over them. I just don't think it's right.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009