Do You eat fresh fruit and/or vegetables?

And if you do which one and how often? I eat both fresh fruits and veggies EVERY DAY. Its so expensive though... at least I'm a healthy eater I guess.

pinkgemini85

Asked by pinkgemini85 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If you buy whats in season and on sale it's much cheaper. This way you switch it up which is even better for you. The farmers market just opened last week and I am excited, I love going down there and buying a weeks worth of vegies and fruit. They tast so much better then the stuff they sell at walmart too lol. Oh and I usually only spend under $10 at the farmers market, most of the time.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 12:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i love fresh fruits and veggies!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I wish my state ( I live in Connecticut) supported farmers markets more. We have them, but they are very small, are only offered early on sunday mornings, and they don't have much. At least thats how it is in my area. Its horrible!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I buy what's on sale and I eat way more veggies than fruit, I have to get more fruit in my diet, we eat fresh veggies every day..... lots of gigantic mixed baby greens salads with lots of tomato (technically I fruit! lol), we love asparagus, brussels sprouts, roasted or grilled mixed veggies, spinach.... I also love to make a big pot of escarole and beans...so good!

There is a little farmers market by me that has great stuff and everything is at least $1 cheaper than the grocery store.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, we always have tons of fresh fruit and veggies in the house. Hubby and I eat more veggies than fruit, but my son (who is only 2) has fruit with every meal and veggies with lunch and dinner. My husband and I are pretty healthy eaters and we always have been. It is kind of expensive, but I think in the long run it will pay for itself when we don't have to pay for expensive medical bills for health problems from being unhealthy :)
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

That's crazy IMO I live in a tiny community and we have 2. One is only one day a week the other is 3 days a week. Idk maybe cause I live in OR we're all a bunch of hippies lol

mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 12:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have a hippie friend that lives in Portland. I've never been there, but I bet I would fit in really well lol
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We eat fresh fruits and veggies in season (plus lettuce). I buy a lot of frozen, too. They hold their nutrients longer and don't require prepping for dinner.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would love too but its so expensive.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:10 AM on Jun. 6, 2009