Do you buy and use the "green" reuseable bags from the grocery store?

I just recently broke down and bought 8 of them at $1 a piece because I know how bad plastic bags are for the environment, and I felt really guilty about using plastic. I really think my town should have a drive so that people that cant afford to buy those bags can use them too.

pinkgemini85

Asked by pinkgemini85 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I've thought about buying them, but a lot of the ones I've seen are so small. I wish they would make them bigger, even if it costed more money.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i hear a lot of stores will soon start charging for plastic bags too.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes but I will admit that we have forgotten then a lot but recycle those plastic bags.

Anonymous

• I use ones that I got at the libary and stuff, never had to buy one. You can also take old tank tops and t shirts and turn them into bags which is super easy. Just sew the bottom up and the arm holes are the handles cant get easier.
    mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 12:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• them* not then
    Anonymous

• I buy them and use them for everything. If I forget them I buy more. When I have guests for dinner or a party I use them to give my friends leftovers....I even use them to hold gift when I go to parties and just give them the bag. It's not as tacky as it sounds ...I get the stop and shop earth day ones and they look cool. They are only 99 cents and very functional.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• They look small when they are folded but they have wide bottoms. Makes carrying the groceries so much easier. I can fit everything in four bags...I mean when I heavy shop.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I do and than I forget to use them. They are better than those plastic bags. It is good to be green but we should not be forced to do it. THAT IS WRONG! The stores can go back to paper, they are much better and we also can be reused to cover books, wrap gifts,(kids draw on them), trash bags, etc.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I like my plastic bags. I use them as trash bags in my bathroom garbage cans, I use them when I pooper scoop the yard, I send my hubby's lunch in them (tried a regular lunch bag, he lost it... ) I keep one in my car for trash, keep some in the diaper bag for dirty clothes, etc..

If I have plenty of them, I will get paper bags and recycle them.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i have them, but i do forget to bring them with me sometimes. i reuse the plastic bags, hubby recycles them at work!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009