Real Labor or No???

I am 37 wks and 6 days..I have been having contractions all through the day yesterday, which were 5 mins apart for over a hr! My back has been killing me, and i am feeling preasure down there. The only thing is the contractions are not getting stronger.Shouldn't they be?? I'm not sure if it's real or not. The pain woke me up last night and again...they were 5 mins apart for 1 hr. I have not called my midwife yet because I don't want to go in for nothing...any advice would be great thanks!

Aneq

Asked by Aneq at 12:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh, and no plug yet...or leaking.
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 12:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• it could be just the beginning or you over did it. You know its labor for sure if they keep on getting stronger and closer together and they still increase even if you change what you were doing. For instance if you were walking and they still increased when you sat down and relaxed or vice versa. It may just be your body is getting ready for it, or early labor. Some women can labor for over 24 hours.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• drink some water and make sure ur hydrated- there are times u will feel cramps or contractions because ur dehydrated so drink up and relax if they start to increase then its time if they go away its false
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• thank u...
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 1:22 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have had "practice labor" for 2 hours. one hour was 5 minutes apart, the second hour was 3 minutes apart and then it was sporadic and eventually went away. called braxton hicks. it's preparing your body for labor, feels real and sometimes fools you with the time, but if it goes away...then you know it's not labor. i'm 40 weeks and 3 days and still waiting for the "real deal".
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 4, 2009