being jealous of my husband...

Well my husband started this job as the GM of a college community apt complex. him and i are the ONLY ones that have a baby on property, which makes me feel out of place for the fact that im looked at in a way that makes me feel disgusted. I have explained to him how i feel and he told me i just need to get over it. I also get jealous of my hsuband because he goes to work everyday meets new ppl, does events and has a blast at work. while i just sit at home with our 1 year old. i dont know how to tell him im jealous of his JOB, so everyone thinks im jealous that he gets to hang out with really pretty college girls all day while im at home. am i being to jealous of my husband and what he gets to do all day. or do i need to just let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• you need to get a life.

no joke..........your getting cabin fever. i had the same thing when i went frmo independent army girl to stay at home mom
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• be appreciative that you can stay home with your kid and not have to work also pick up a hobby or home school yourself so that when you decide to work again you can have a career, otherwise as ong as he's being faithfull, come to terms with everything going on and make the best of it! good luck!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 12:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I think you have cabin fever too. You need to find things that you can do where you see adults. maybe a MOPS (moms of preschoolers) program or put your dd in child care on or 2 days/wk so you can do stuff. find a hobby, meet a friend every tuesday for breakfast...you need to do something for your life and you will then have stuff to talk to your husband about and willl stop being jealous of him being out at work. I can see how you would feel that way, but you have to find a way to bring the baby along in your life.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• no men is faithfull. i think you should check everything he is doing b/c with horny college girl you husband can sin:(
    Anonymous

• Babe, im jelous of my SO and all he does is landscaping..i stay at home all day everyday and we only have one car so if i dont take him i dontgo ne where alllll day...im frustrated as hell with my situation and ive told him that...he understands SOMETIMES and others hes just like "id kill to be home with him" so i said thats cool, we'll switch IM GOING TO WORK!!! i understand how you feel, it sucks to be stuck at home not meeting new people esp. when hes out meeting new "hot ones" everyday! it gets old, and you feel outta place so your not gonna meet ne one to talk to. I dont know how to help, but how you feel isnt crazy or rediculous
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• why can't you share some of the responsibilities? My cousin and her husband ran some apts in a complex and they both made contact with the residents and made friends. i'd be out there getting to know everyone and enjoying the networking. Take advantage of his position and be assertive. Go knock on doors and introduce yourself. Let them know who you are. You will soon be hanging with the folks as well! Don't be a wall flower. Life isn't coming to you. You have to get out and go to it

Answer by admckenzie at 1:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Take a walk with your baby...be PROUD to be a mommy! Show everyone that you are HAPPY with your life...it's how YOU feel about yourself that counts.Anyone gives you dirty looks cuz you have a baby, they are idiots and ridiculous. Having your own family is the best thing in the world. I would try to do more things at home with your baby,join a mommy and baby group at a library or rec center. Think of other things..don't be jealous of your husband...try to make the most of your time at home. Keep smiling!!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

---------------------------------

You need a reality check. There are MANY faithful men out there. Maybe your man isnt, but that doesnt give you the right to speak for the other several billion.

OP. You really need to get out more. Go to the events with him, get some friends. BUt stop sitting at home sulking.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You're jealous of the fact that your husband has a life? Why not get a life of your own...Its not hard to go out and take the baby out or when your husband gets home to go out by yourself...you're sitting in the house all day everyday getting yourself stressed out and its not healthy for you to have these feelings about your husband cause it will produce problems for the two of you...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thanks for all the comments everyone, but i do go to the events and i do things with him but i cant stand the dirty looks i get and the comments of "how i can bring a baby to a college kids event", its pretty rediculous and im always told to just deal with it. I think im gonna have to check into baby and me classes, and i told my husband this afternoon whether he likes it or not i am putting our daughter into day care for 3 days out of the week so i can focus more on school and have a day to myself and relax or do what ever i want!! hopefully this will all work out!! THANKS EVERYONE!!
    Anonymous