i need advice..

my boss informed me last week that i might not have a job as of july 1st because another lady i work with didnt do her job correctly..

he gave me an opportunity to fix it.. but the problem is i am not trained to do what she was supposed to do and my boss wont give me enough information..

i'm so burnt out with work and the stress is killing me cause i know we cant survive on DH income..

so what should i do.. just ride the next month out or work my ass off for the next month trying to get everything done even though i still prolly wont have a job..

also i'm 18 weeks 3days prego and i have major stress issues [panic attacks, black outs ect.]

im just so burnt out and tired and stressed that i cant even think for myself.. please help ladies.. thanks.

raehope

Asked by raehope at 1:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• also.. i get severance if i no longer have a job as of july 1st.. its about 4 months income for me.
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 1:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• babe..go above him, that doesnt sound right...he shouldnt be able to fire you over someone else. ESP if you have no training in that. you should be able to go to HR about that if you work for a big company. if that doesnt work start job hunting now so you can leave and have something else to fall back on
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i would find another job or take as many sick days as possible until that date but nothing is worth hurting your baby or yourself
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i totally would go over his head but its a small company.. aka me my boss and that other lady.. so yeah..

and i dont get sick days.. if i take off then i dont get paid.. :/

and i know that im gonna look for another job i just dont know where because its very obvious that im prego.. and i dont know how many places would hire me.
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 1:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• The job sounds horrible; taking the severance and leaving may be the best thing. You may be able to stretch 4 months by adjusting your taxes, but make sure you know how much you will have to pay for 2009. Unfortunately, you may have to ride it out but try not to let it stress you.. I think any job that would fire a pregnant woman taking her $$ and insurance coverage is foul. I don't know if you can speak to your HR department to see if thyou have any other options.

Good Luck!!
    Dorris1203

Answer by Dorris1203 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'd get as much information as I could (about anything and everything) and if he fires you you can take him to court. He can't fire you if SHE screwed up. She should get fired if anything. It doesn't sound right.
    xCalliex

Answer by xCalliex at 4:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009