Does anyone have any Info on S.U.A ((single umbilical artery))???

Hello,I am 5 mths.preg.at this time an was recently told the baby has S.U.A.(Single umbilical artery). I had never heard of this condition until now an i'm a bit stressed about it.Ofcourse i've Googled it an found all kinds of info,Good an bad but it still helps to gain more info from other moms who have dealt with this sordove thing.So if you have any helpful info on this subject Please Help.Thanx so much!!!

christy7781

Asked by christy7781 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know much about this. I'm currently in nursing school working my way toward becoming a midwife and what we've learned so far about the cord is that it's supposed to have to arteries. One bringing blood and supplies in and one taking them out so that it can recycle through your body again.

I'm guessing that since your 5 months pregnant your body has found some way to adapt to this and provide your baby with nutriant but I'm not sure of the risk that it poses.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. I hope someone here has a better answer for you. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous