How do I believe in God?

This is a question for those who truly feel God's presence in their lives. How did you come to know God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God literally intervened in my life and brought me to Him. I used to be involved in all kinds of various beliefs, but all of that peeled away when I met God. I knew He was true. He actually led me to a church against my will, LOL (it was very uncomfortable for me to go that first time). And I heard the word of God with an open heart.

The teacher was just starting the book of John. As he taught the scriptures my eyes were opened and my whole life and the whole world made sense to me for the first time. I realized that I was created to have a relationship with God, and that everything that I had ever done to bring myself happiness or success was so temporary and empty compared to the amazing joy I found in Jesus Christ's love for me. He was real. He spoke to me. He taught me. He explains the Bible to me. He forgives me, fills me with love and joy and peace and grace, helps me endure temptations, and picks me up when I fall.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find [Me], when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the LORD." Jeremiah 29: 11-13
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Church always made me uncomfy. Im not one that believes you gotta go to church to be a christian. ive always had VERY religious boyfriends in the past and it helped open my eyes. Ive always felt Gods prescence in my life. I honestly shouldnt be alive today, so its just one of those things that ive been able to admit to myself that hes real!! I pray and my prayers have always been answered. Its something youve got to come into on your own.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct [fn] your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil." Proverbs 3:5-7
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• "Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news--the Good News about Christ." Romans 10:17
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• If you want to look into having a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ, you can look at my page. I have some journals you might be interested in. You can also send me a msg. I would love to talk to you more or pray with you.

: ) May God bless you and lead you to His loving arms.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Belief is something you choose to do from your heart. The bible says confess with your mouth and BELIEVE in your heart that Jesus is Lord and Savior, it doesn't stop there, you must also repent and ask for forgiveness of your sins, in so doing you will begin a beautiful and amazing relationship with Jesus, Father and Holy Spirit.
    I never said a "sinners prayer" its not even in the bible but I chose to believe in my heart and confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord . I repented and asked for forgiveness and began an incredible walk with the Lord, it had its mountains, valleys and rivers. Its whom you look to in order to make it through the hard times and know that the Joy of the Lord is our strength! It is amazing and glorious to be a beloved daughter of the King of Kings! His presence is tangible and awesome and amazing but His love is even more so and
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• that has no words to describe the depth and the width and the height of His love, the power of His love! WOW! It is important also to come to an understanding of what His Grace , Honor and the Finished work of the Cross is.

Bless you :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Wow . . . that's really a tough one for me, b/c it wasn't until I was in my late 20's that I finally FULLY came to understand the reality of God. I guess . . . He just touched me in a way . . . He spoke to me. I've seen Angels a few times, and I've seen rainbows on sunny days ( no clouds, no rain in site), so I know these are His hand at work giving me signs that I'm on the right path. I think He's always been there for me, but it took a kick in the butt for me to see Him, LOL.

That being said, some people feel him, some people know him, some people believe. Others don't. Sometimes it's a choice, sometimes it's not. You either KNOW or you don't. And if you don't, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that (regardless of what some people here will tell you).

He loves and accepts everyone as they are, regardless of if they accept him or not.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Op here...Thank you for your answers. I hear people talk all the time about their relationship with God and how tangible it is to them. I still don't understand how they got there. Did it just click in your head and you knew or is it a working progress, something to strive for??

Anonymous