OMG Katrina still?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/02/AR2009060203897.html?g=0

What could the motivation be for the government giving away these homes and passing out more rental vouchers to people who say they have not been able to recover from Katrina? Katrina was 4 yrs ago and these people should be cut off from any more FEMA give aways. I'm tired of footing the bill.
Ike was a mere 8 months ago and Texas has been cut off and refused even any extensions. Galveston and other cities were practically demolished.
I know it will probably start a firestorm but I think it's because the majority of Katrina survivors who have not restarted their lives are black. What say you

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• wow
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I say you right.
    Anonymous

• And your point is?
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• WoW the fact that you threw race in it, makes that pretty crappy. I think the fact that Bush took so long to get helpt to the people makes it a bigger deal. Ike was no where near Katrina. Does it suck to foot the bill yes. but atleast they live in the US its not like Oprah sending money to Africa! We have problems here. Think about it, if you lost EVERYTHING and had to relocate with the job market like it is, do you think youd be able to recover quickly. these people have emotional damage that is beyond repair understandably so. i think you need to quit being so harsh!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• people are afraid of the sh&t storm from the NAACP, ALCU, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and all that crap that would happen if these people get cut off and actually (gasp) have to fend for themselves.

maybe take the rollers out of their hair, slippers off, and grills out of the teeth, get up from sitting outside playing dominos and hanging out together and go get a job. Oh, right, I'm not supposed to judge. maybe they work at night. I forgot about those odds!!!! all those people, doing the same thing I see everyday, but sure, they all work at night. RIIIIGGHT!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with sweets 100%.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I don't care what color of skin you have. In 4 years you can get a college education. Get off your butt and take care of yourself & family. There's others that are getting laid off, plants closing, etc and their not whining about it. I'm sure they would like to have 4 years of free giveaways.
    Anonymous

• WoW so the fact that the ANON post has just written what most stereotypes are...lets find education please. If this is what you feel all black people are like..good luck in life....u harbor too much hate and confusion. get a life, and try to let things go, you could always quite working be broke so that way you wouldnt have to pay taxes, O and God forbid a natural disaster strike you, or a tragedy in general. i wish i could be the one to stand in your face SMILE WITH A CUP OF KOOLAID AND SAY TOLD YOU SO!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It's not about race, it's about re-election. And no, it's not "the majority are black." It's the majority are the laziest representatives of all races. People suffered worse in other hurricanes and recovered faster and with less aid. There is no excuse for it, and even less excuse for the constant aid extensions when people just 40 miles up the coast, who had their lives destroyed by the exact same hurricane, don't get a damn thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• wow, that takes guts to put it into words ANON and then run and hide behind the ANON button. The area where Katrina hit the worst was an area that was heavily populated area for people of color. Perhaps just perhaps not every last one of those individuals you so aptly described is not just sitting on their butts doing nothing all day long. In case you didn't know it this whole entire country is suffering from a nation wide Katrina known as this crapy ass economy right now, black, white, yellow and brown.

Wow, it amazes me how people can take something they see on tv and apply it to an entire race. Yeah, ANON way to show your love for all races.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009