What can i do to cool myself down? Is this normal?

I feel like im bruning up. I dont have a fever or anything but im burning up. The temp is set to 60 in my house right now and i have been standing in front of the open freezer. I wet socks and put them in the frezer so when i put them on they would be super cold i also layed down on the couch with ice packs all over me and im still burning up. Im 34 wks now is this normal?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 1:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am almost 36 weeks and have been doing this too. My thermostat is set to anywhere between 58-65. My older kids are wearing long sleeve shirts in the house, lol. I am actually having my husband put a window unit in our room for me so I dont have to freeze the rest of the house out all day long, hoping it will save on the electric bill too. It is normal though, try goping swimming if you can, the water is still really cool here and it feels so good to float around in freezing water all day!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It's normal to be overheated in pregnancy. Try cooling yourself down on the inside too. When I was pg. the only thing that cooled me down were Icees. Only problem is they are loaded with sugar. Try ice water. You can flavor it by putting some fruit in it or some lemon. Good luck, your in the home stretch now.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Definitely drink plenty of ice water. You can also dampen your clothes and sit in front of a fan. The evaporation will help cool you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My husband came home and thought i lost it because im laying around the house with ice packs frozed towles and socks on in a baithing suite with the fan blowing on me. I have been drinking alot of water and its always cold because i wont drink it if its room temp. But i just cant cool off and its making me sick. Im afraid that if i get to much hotter im going to pass out. I have a problem with passing out also so that worries me also im afraid to get up.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009