Have you ever had a dream about your baby dieing?

Geez I must be horrible! I dreamed that my son died and we adopted a little chinese girl, but I didn't really like her and every time I looked at her I started crying uncontrolably. I just wanted my baby and everyone thought I was insane because I would cry every 5 mins. Then I woke up and I still couldn't stop crying untill I went and picked up my baby and held him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a healthy pregnancy, then 4 miscarriages and a tubal pregnancy. So then with my second healthy pregnancy, I would have dreams that I was miscarrying every night for the first trimester. It was terrible. And this is really bad, but my son is my stepson more like an adopted son. He started spending overnights at his mom's about 3 years ago, and every night he is away my husband and I both have dreams of calamity that results in his injury or death.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have 2 kids and one on the way. I think it's perfectly normal to have dreams like that. I don't know what goes on in a mother's psyche while dreaming, but it is so frightening. My DDs are 8 years and 20 months old, and I still have those horrible dreams.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 1:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• This is my first pregnancy and I am filled with terror at the idea of something happening to the baby. When I do dream, it's all about bad things happening. I thought it was just me having these nightmares. I've been feeling horrible about them. Sometimes scared to sleep!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 1:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Don't really see how this is a just for fun question.
    No, never had a dream, just the reality.
    Have had multiple dreams of my brother dying. I get so scared and call him right away!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I've had horrible dreams about my second child-my son-drowning in the bathtub...... Because, even w/me there he has accidentally gone under the water(when he was around 1yr. old-and just looked up at me from under the water-and of course I got him up right away but still, so scarry.... But, that scared me so much I think that is why after that I had nightmares of that happening but a worse outcome......
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009