Already called my OB....

This whole week I haven't been feeling well(25 weeks). Today I have the worst lower back pain and an ache in my lower pelvic area(like when you get your period) and it's making me sick to my stomach. I already called my OB office(talked to a nurse) and I told her about the back and pelvic area and all she said was to put a heating pad on and take tylenol, that it was normal at this stage. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and it's normal or if I should call again and tell them it's worse. Maybe it's a UTI or something? I have had a backache when I do too much sometimes but I've been laying down all day drinking water and it's getting worse.(NO contractions though).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• VERY NORMAL....it sucks but if youve ever wondered why pregnant women walk funny..welcome...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I was told the same thing when i was 24 wks. If it dosnt get better after 2 hours then go in. I was going into pre term labor and i didnt know i was even having contractions because i just felt pressure and thats it. Just take it easy and drink alot of water.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Get used to it sweetie. I complain all the time lol but it really is normal. For the rest of your pregnancy you will be in horrible pains and be super uncomfortable. Just wait when you get a little bigger you nor your husband will get any sleep! Just think positively the whole time because i'm sure its worth it haha my baby isn't born yet but thats what I have been told. Try getting up on your hands and knees and arching your back... it helps me a lot!
    Jessica7287

Answer by Jessica7287 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• If you arent contracting or anything then I would just follow your nurses suggestions. But if it gets ANY WORSE call them back and tell them you want to be seen, dont let hem blow you off if you really feel something is wrong, they work for you. I had something like that about 26-27 weeks with this pregnancy too, and it came and went for about 3 days, and then just went away, never found out what it was. If you think it may be a bladder infection or something you can always drink cranberry juice too that should help a bit. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• How bad is the back pain? When I was 6 months pregnant I had HORRIBLE back pain and thought maybe I was going into labor. I went to the ER and found out I had kidney stones. If you feel like it just isn't right, trust your instincts. Talk to your regular doctor. Just to be safe.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It's more like a constant ache but so bad that it's making me ill. Thanks everyone for the advice. I will probably give it until tomorrow(unless it's so bad I have to go to L&D) and if it's still really bad tomorrow or worse then I'll call again.
    Anonymous

• I had kidney stones that made me have some contractions and lower back pain, got meds and was fine, that was when i was pregnant with my daughter
    Anonymous

• back pain so bad i though i was giving birth at 9 week, 12 weeks, and so on and so on. the back pain olny gets worse. okay think like this u have a box about 2lbs and u caring it everyday and never put it down not even when u sleep. and everyday it get more and more lbs add to it. hows ur back going to feel by 25 weeks?
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 6:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009