Why cant he let go of his exs?

he still seems to talk to some of his ex girlfriends as well as his ex wife, i understand the ex wife a little more since they do have a child together but shes been talking shit about me. and he doesnt seem to do anything to stop it the same as his ex girlfriends they seem to think hes settled for less when we got together. but he says his ex wife is a bitch n doesnt want anything to do with her but yet he still adds her as a friend on everything even after what i found and got upset about and almost left him for the last time it seems like he wants to piss me off.

Brit151

Asked by Brit151 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• My guy does the same thing. He talks to his (crazy, in my opinion) ex still. I KNOW she hates me and thinks that I stole him (not the case). She also resents the fact that we're getting married and we're having a baby. But, after I told him she bothered me a little, he made it clear to her that if she didn't like me she could shove it and if he even thought she'd been a bitch to me he'd never talk to her again. And I've heard from his friends that all he talks about is me and how much he can't wait to meet our son and he can't wait until I pick a date for the wedding. So you need to make it clear that YOU are the one who's still with him and that he needs to start recognizing that fact, I think it'll be okay. Just talk to him.
    Anonymous

• It's not him it's you..If you do not like your man talking to all his EX's ..Go find a man who does not do that. JMO.

Answer by louise2 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It sounds like he's forgotten why they are "exes" and he likes the attention. I guess the best thing to do is to ask yourself, is he contacting them or vice versa and is he telling you about this contact? If he's telling you about the conversations, it sounds like he has nothing to hide. Maybe ya'll just have the same common friends and will still be a part of each others lives regardless. At some point, you have decide do you trust him? Then, if it still bothers you, you need to sit him down and explain to him how that makes you feel. Maybe reverse the situation, how would he like it if you were in contact with all of your exes?? Good Luck!!
    KrisOtherMama

Answer by KrisOtherMama at 2:20 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Wow I dissagree with the girl that said it's you!Men are insucure creatures and they love familar teritorry.I'm NOT saying he's cheating just proving a point,Why do men almost ALWAYS cheat with an ex?Because they are insucure and like fimilarity.
    cfrye29

Answer by cfrye29 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• looks like he's just not that into you, huh? be his next x so he'll talk to you!
    Anonymous

• All the signs are there that you are not top priority in his life...how did you find out that these other women have talked about you? And why would you want to be with someone who's carrying around all that baggage? Do yourself a favor and open your eyes to what's in front of you...if this is the man you plan on marrying, remember that he will continue to have the relationships with whom he chooses too. Marrying him will not change what's already in front of your face...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:21 PM on Jun. 3, 2009