davids bridal..............................???

Do any of you ladies know how long you can have somthing on layaway at Davids Bridal??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not sure. If it's you wedding gown or something like that they probably need a deposit to hold your merchandise. And be very cautious of David's Bridal...I got my dress from there and it wasn't ready till 1 week before my wedding. And the alterations they did were terrible. I had to go somewhere else to have it altered 3 days before my wedding. They just seem very unorganized to me. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No clue but you can call and ask them.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I kept my dress there for 5 months, haha I had to save $ :)
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 1:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i got my dress 3 months before my wedding...i was pregnant so all the alterations were done very close to the wedding..i picked it up the day before..i had the longest train on there and the sewed 15 buttons on there so i could pin it up during the reception..i guess i should have practiced on it the day before..i could only find 11 and i spent almost an hour in the bathroom trying to figure it out...never did so my dress was only half pinned up...i was pretty pissed.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Each shop is different. When my daughter got married she would only go to ONE of the shops. We have 6 in our area and only ONE has a good reputation. She was happy where she went but some of the other David's aren;t any good about timing and alterations. Good luck!!
    sonja007

Answer by sonja007 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• *Layaway policy: 60-day layaway for in-stock merchandise with a minimum purchase of $75, excluding sales tax. Layaways require a deposit of 25% of the merchandise total. A 10% forfeiture fee will be charged for any layaway that is returned to stock due to cancellation or non-payment, unless otherwise required by state law. See consultant for details or ask for our Layaway Brochure.

© 2002-2009 David's Bridal
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have had a lot of bad experiences with the Davids in Rockford. Between bridesmaids gowns and helping my bride friends I've worked with them four times and never had a good experience. I know they are inexpensive but I would definately look into ordering the dress offline and having it altered elsewhere. That is the best experience I've had with them because as a company they are good. I was just in a wedding in march where 3 of 4 maids ordered online and needed no alterations and the bride bought hers off their rack and had it altered elsewhere, and they turned out the best of all experiences. If you can, I wouldn't hesitate to go closer to Chicago or even Bloomington to a different Davids store. I'm not sure what Wisconsin has to offer but I would check out your options. Hope this helps.
    Kimberly1231

Answer by Kimberly1231 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009