My two month old is constipated.

Anyone know what can help with this?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't believe some of this advice is still being given. Your baby shouldn't be having anything at all besides breastmilk or formula until he/she is at least 6 months old, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics even. Try a warm bath or warm compress (a sock filled with rice and warmed in the microwave works great) over the belly for 15 minutes at a time. Also, gently massage the belly in a circular, clockwise motion several times a day. Gently push the knees to the chest and then stretch the legs straight 10 times for 3 reps. If you are giving formula, try Good Start Immune Support because it has a probiotic. If you are breastfeeding, take a good probiotic yourself and drink some fennel tea.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• doc told my Best friend to put some prune juice in her babys bottle, i gave my son apple juice in his bottle and it helped..extra water helps..i would try the plain water first
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• When my dd was a newborn my doctor said to put a little sugar in their bottle and within a day or two they'll poop. It worked for us.
    jennjune1984

Answer by jennjune1984 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my daughter got constipated at about a month and a half when we made the transition from breastmilk to formula (TOTAL REGRET! IF YOU ARE BREASTFEEDING, YOU REALLY SHOULD CONTINUE CUZ ITS SOOO MUCH BETTER! WASHING BOTTLES AND ALL THAT IS SOO TIME CONSUMING AND ANNOYING!) and i just gave her about an oz. of lukewarm water in her bottle and she pooped within the hour!
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 2:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You can give them a small amount of pedialite in a bottle but not to much for small babies. They also have baby laxatives that they sell over the counter you have to insert them into there little butt I know that sounds bad but once that initial poop comes out your baby should be fine. I had to use it on my daughter. Gl
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• 1 ounce baby apple juice with 1 ounce water,twice a day.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my son is two months to same promble took him to the doctor told me it ok to put light corn syrup in their bottle once in morning in at bedtime
    indianlove

Answer by indianlove at 3:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009