I can hardly take a quick shower how am I suposed to get the house work done!

while I take a shower I can here my One month old baby girl screaming blooy murder like her daddy is out there beating on her... Reality is Daddy is out there rocking her or walking around the room while the wails continue to poor out... Meanwhile I try to take a quick shower with my milk letting down from hearing her cry... This simple chore is turning into a disaster and when Daddys not home and I got stuff to do at the house what do I do??? I feel bad just letting her cry because she sometimes gets couphing which leads to her badly spitting up but I have to vacume and do laundry and dishes at some point... Am I being a bad mom by letting her cry??

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why not take her into the bathroom with you? I put my son in his bouncer and while taking a shower i'd sing to him or play peek-a-boo
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You aren't a bad Mom but at one month old you aren't supposed to let babies just cry it out. My daughter is recently over her colic so I know how you feel. It will get better soon and you will have more time for housework. Right now your baby is the priority. She needs to know you are there when she cries. The housework may suffer, but like I said it won't be like that for long. My daughter is almost 11 weeks now and I am able to do so much more than when she was 4 weeks.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You learn to adjust to things. Find what's right for you and your baby. I stay up an extra hour every night now to do house chores and get a shower in. During his first nap I do house chores and his second one I take the time to do something I want. Like a nap or reading a book. It's just finding the right groove for the both of you.
    Anonymous

• at this time dont worry about the small things haha it will get easier
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• your not a bad mom babies need a good cry sometime for there lungs
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 1:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• LOL I remeber the days of letting down after a shower because my son was crying... a whole new mess to deal with!
    It gets better though. I tried getting things done with my son was sleeping... it's usually when I would shower. If I was alone at home then I would put him in his buzzy seat and bring it into the bathroom.
    When he was tiny I would carry him around in a carrier until he got too heavy... but a sling or carrier works great to keep your hands free.
    later your baby will be able to entertain herself for a few minutes at a time around 3 months and then you can get more things done.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I took my son in the bathroom with me while I showered. I'd put him in his bouncer and he liked the warmth and the steam from my shower. As for getting things done, I carted my baby around the house with me in his Snugli. I could do laundry and dishes nand vacuum. While it wasn't easy at first and left me with a backache, I managed.
    knejjemckinney

Answer by knejjemckinney at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i do housework when her dad is home, or when shes sleeping.
    when its just me and her i like to have playtime/exercise
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Been there, done that as well. They just want mommy and nothing else! Lol. And you're right, it makes it hard to do your house work or things that need to get done.

This is my best advice to you:

1. The housework will always be there. I'm not saying completely neglect everything, but realize that having the floor vacuumed or the dishes done NOW isn't a priority. You're a new mommy and try to relax a bit and be with baby.

2. That said, eventually stuff DOES need to get done. Do you have a good baby carrier? I don't mean the Snuggli crap carriers that Walmart sells, but a good ring sling or mei-tei etc. You can sling baby and have your hands free to do housework.

3. Clean when baby sleeps (but don't forget to sleep sometimes too).

4. While daddy can't take your shower for you, hehe, he CAN wash the dishes, clean the floors, cook dinner, etc.

Good luck! If you need help picking out a good sling, PM me and I can
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 2:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• snugli. ;) worked for me.well..not in the shower,lol.but for cleaning.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009