question about dough made with yeast

I want to make beignets and the recipe calls for yeast.. I've never worked with yeast before.. well the recipe makes a LOT and I can't eat them all myself.

My question is: Do you have to use the dough right away or can you store it for a day? How do you store it and do you need to do something to it when you use it (after it has been stored)?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Generally with yeast, you need to let it set for a little while, like an hour or so. Maybe a day would be fine. It's gonna start to rise while it sits though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You can store it in a plastic bag in the fridge. When you take it out, let it come to room temperature and use it as if you just made it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• make what you want then punch down and store if fridge but it won't last that long and it will keep growing! You could bake some of the dough. It is like a Brioche dough
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have always used a bread machine for yeast dough. Makes for great stuff. You have to use the dough right away or else it will be no good if it sits too long. Since I have worked with bread and other yeasty things, I have to say use it right away. Make it at nite and then in the morning start baking. O how fun. I miss that time. Now I work too much. Enjoy.
    jns131

Answer by jns131 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009