Can you get hemorrhoids in your vagina? Tmi i know...

The "lip" of my vagina has been sore the past few days (I'm 34 about to be 35 weeks) and i figured it was because the babys head was dropping. Then today in the shower i was washing and i felt swelling on the right "lip", I grabbed a hand mirror to see what was going on and I could see a throbbing vein right there. Have you ever felt this or do you know if this is normal? Can you get hemorrhoids on your vagina?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• trust me i know i went to my doctor about it because i was worried the last month of my pregnancy i had a vien on the right side of my vag. the doc said it was a swollen vien in the vagina area... it happens in pregnancy... she said it is rare for first time moms which is what i am cut i will usually happen on the right side of the body they are not sure why... it is normal and it does happen if you get to worried about it ask a doc.... also i know it will likely start to hurt not bad tho try to sit for a while if you are on your feet a lot it will help
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• As far as i know NOPE no hemroids. hemroids are your intestines, or muscles coming out of the anus, you dont have those in your vagina. but you can get swelling and you do ofcourse have veins their. i would ask your doc to check it out at your next apointment. There is a chance the pressure from the baby dropping could be the cause
    Anonymous

• i had a vericose vein rignt on my left lip when i was pg it hurt really bad my dr told me it would go away after i had the baby and it did :) as for hemorrhoids i am not sure but i don't think that you can get them in your vagina
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hemorrhoids are pretty specifically a condition that arises in and around the rectum.

They occur because of the nature of the blood supply to that area - there’s a big cushion of veins around the rectum that is supposed to help push feces out during defecation, but due to their nature, they are rather prone to getting swollen out of shape with blood, especially if there is something going on (like pregnancy or constipation) that increases the pressure they are under.

This is what causes hemorrhoids, and hemorrhoids, like varicose veins, are simply veins that have become distended and stretched over a long period of time.

They can happen around the rectum because the connective tissue that surrounds them is quite spongy and soft.

Anonymous

• Are you sure it's not a cyst? Those are quite painful and common even with women who are not pregnant. Have your doctor take a peek at it. They might be able to prescribe you some cream for the pain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I hope I'm not being too graphic, but...I had a vericose vein enlarge in my vulva during both of my two pregnancys. Extremely painful and scary to look at in a mirror, I know! My doctor told me they are completely normal and should go away after delivery, which it did. He explained that your blood sometimes doesn't circulate as well during pregnancy and can cause your blood to pool in certain areas, especially in your lady regions. Try taking sitz baths...it temporarily helped me when the pain was bad. Good luck!
    Connors.Mom

Answer by Connors.Mom at 2:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No on the hemorrhoids. Could be cyst or veins like other moms said. I'd call my dr or ask him at the next appt to look at it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• YES. they are then called vericose viens. I have like 5, and I'm 32 weeks along. I was worried at first that DH had given me warts b/c he gets them on his hands and like 3 days after we'd had sex I saw the warts. I had my dr check and she said yes they are vericose viens in the vagina. It's not mentioned in too many places. My dr said it is just from the stress of the uterus, this is my 4th pregnancy and the first time I've had this. She also told me that it can be from straining w/ constipation, but it should get better after having the baby but will most likely come back with any future pregnancies.
    Anonymous