about reflex again

my son have rice cerel in his food and he takes Regan 4x a day and its not working.... If you baby sees a GI DR what are they doing if both of the things are not working?

enaNianza

Asked by enaNianza at 1:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rice cereal probably upsets his tummy. My son has reflux and he does not do well with cereals at all. He is also on a very special formula that doesnt have lactose or protein in it. Have you tried switching to soy or nutramigen? If his tummy is sensitive to lactose eating is probably very painful between reflux and an intolerance.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• BOTH MY GIRLS HAD IT. well one is 2.5 mons and has it. RICE FOR US MADE IT SOOO MUCH WORSE BECAUSE IT WAS SO THICK WHEN IT CAME back up. I swear by zantac. she gets .3ml 2x a day. prilosec is an ok one also. And nutramegen works great to because its predigesed is the best way my. dr explaned it. works great for colic to. good luck and its a pain by 6 mons my one daughter out grew it. Zantac, they hardly ever spit up
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i cant just change the milk he drinks b/c his dr have to change it his main dr then i have to tell his GI dr also and see what he thinks you know what i mean
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 7:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009