How do i make chicken & rice

I have chicken cutlet how do i make this with spanish rice???

greeneyemommy

Asked by greeneyemommy at 2:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I don't measure anything, so sorry in advance, but I usually cut the chicken into pieces to save myself the trouble later. I put my rice in a pan and pour in some chicken stock, some minced onion, saffron, salt and pepper, put the chicken pieces over the top and then bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:48 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• There are MANY nationalalities that make a chicken and rice dish!! Same with meat pies...100's of variations!! Try googling it.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• or what you seem to want is cut the chicken and stir fry with onion, garic and bell peppers add rice and chicken stock (2-1) when almost done add a bit of tomato puree. I find addind tomato to rice too soon keeps it from cooking.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I really don't cook very much or well for that matter, but I love the Chicken rice packet from Lipton I think and I chop up an almost frozen chicken breast or 2 if I want more meat, put it in a frying pan, sprinkle Lowery's seasoning salt and alittle garlic salt and cook that. At just about the same time I put that rice in a pan and make it(that only takes a few minutes). Then when the meat is cooked and the rice is almost done(still with alittle water in it) I add the chicken pieces and stir them in so they get the juice on them. Let the rice finish cooking. It all takes about 15min. The cutting of the chicken takes the longest
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 11:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• oh, I didn't see the rest of the question, I don't know about that. although you could use the spanish rice from the Lipton packets too...
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 11:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I poach chicken in some water until cooked thru, then dice up and add to the rice. For Spanish rice? I use GFS (Gordon Food Services) rice. We find this is more flavorful then others I have had. Cook the rice according to directions and then mix with the chicken. I would cook the chicken and rice together to blend flavors for about 10 minutes. Good luck.
    jns131

Answer by jns131 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 4, 2009