childrens tylenol

i'm 22 weeks pregnant have horrible back pain i can't take pills so i thought of childrens tylenol (chewables) is it safe?

suckedintolife

Asked by suckedintolife at 2:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can take regular pills too, doesn't have to be childrens, and you can have up to 500mg a day safely.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes, you can take it. Just make sure it's plain tylenol and not a "cough & cold" product. You can take the liquid, the chewables, or the melt-away strips. You'll need to adjust the dosage for you - a regular strength tylenol is 325 mg of Acetaminophen and you can take 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours. An extra-strength tylenol is 500mg and you can take 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours.

You can also get tylenol in liquids or chewables for adults. Be sure to look for it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• yup it's safe and your not alone, my husband can't swallow pills either. You must be a very healthy person. Don't forget there are other ways to eleviate back pain (a warm shower, hot pack, gentle strecthing, massage etc) but its totally okay to take tylenol or childrens tylenol if you cant get your hands on liquid or chewable form for adults
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• sorry I didn't read the part that said you can't swallow pills!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• tylenol is fine tho out the pregnancy. well thats what my ob told me anyway. i had tylenol up to the time i had my twins and they was fine. i say get some that can drinkble tylenol and u should be fine.
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 6:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009