What do you use to mop your floors? Vinegar?

I used hot water and vinegar but I am wondering if this is really cleaning my floors. It seems like 10 minutes after mopping my dd's feet are dirtier than ever.

Any advice? Thanks!

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• LOVE my steam mop!!! Judging by your choice of vinegar, I'm guessing you prefer non-toxic. Me too, and I cannot tell you how much I love the steam mop!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I use the swiffer. once you go swiffer you'll never go back to your old mop again! lol.
    you might want to add baking soda to the vinegar!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Try a bleach solution. I just use a little regular bleach and water and I've never had a problem.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• You probably just need to change out your mop water a couple of times. If you're mopping with dirty water your floors aren't really getting clean. I use vinegar for all my cleaning around the house, mopping included. Its completely non-toxic and disinfects as well as bleach without the need for dangerous chemicals in my house.
    Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 2:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I spray vinegar water on a washable microfiber cloth and mop them with that. It's called O'Cedar... I got it at Costco because I was sick of the waste caused by my swiffer and wetjet! (not to mention the cost of buying new pads)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I use a swiffer and my kids do it for me!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I use bleach water with dish soap, works great. If you use the Mr. Clean magic eraser mop, that works even better!!!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have a shark steam mop. It gets the floors clean and dries quickly. The pads are machine washable and reusable.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 5:03 AM on Jun. 4, 2009