Why do you think someone keeps asking: "Why do you think some woman want to have a natural childbirth without the drugs?"

And why do they then proceed to bash those of us who have given birth naturally? What does it matter? C-section, epidural, waterbirth, no drugs, any way you do it, you just brought a life into the world. It's every women's individual choice how they bring their baby in the world. I'm wondering why you sink so low as to bash someone for it.

mrsmendoza2006

Asked by mrsmendoza2006 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Now I'll tell you why I did it with no drugs.
    I hate drugs. I hate the feeling of not having control. I would have flipped out if I coudn't feel my body. It was better for myself and the baby that I stay calm. Therefore I opted to not used drugs. And the pain is not that bad. I'm totally doing it again with my next baby. I never thought about an epidural, I just put that thought out of my mind.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No clue. But I do wonder why so many of those who are pro-drugs choose to assume all women who go without drugs are trying to be martyrs.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I think it's cause she is jealous that she coudln't do it.
    Anonymous

• I don't know. Maybe some feel like they shouldn't have asked for drugs and are looking for some kind of validation by getting the naturalists bashed on.

I tried to do it natural. But my daughter's head was stuck and it was killing me so they gave me some stadol to make it bearable. Well, I didn't know she was stuck at the time, but after every contraction it felt like she was trying to tear her way out. Then when we realized she was stuck, I had to have a cesarean so they gave me a spinal block. But I tried, I pushed for three hours.

The reason I wanted a natural birth was so that I could really experience it. I didn't want drugs clouding my memory.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Why do most women who go natural assume women who get epidurals or pain meds are selfish? Who really freakin cares? Do what you do, and I'll do what do.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

who said anything about people with epidurals being selfish? honestly i went all natural for selfish reasons!! i wanted it for me, to show myself i could do it!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• im all completley for natural birth. i think that you shouldnt bash how any mother brings life into the world.no one is less of a mother because of the birth they gave.

me personally im against epis any form of drugs for birth because nature already has it figured out..i dont need pain relief,..birth is normal and not a medical procedure.however i do know that emergencies do occur and i dont hold it against anyone who NEEDED a c-section.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Hate to be the one to give bad news BUT if you had a baby in the hospital chances are you did not have a natural birth, you just had a vaginal birth. Not having drugs does not mean it was natural, it was just a drug free birth. Natural means, no IV, hospital interventions, procedures etc.....
    As for epis or demerol, stadol etc or nothing at all....what ever floats your boat. I dont care one way or another and I dont bash anyone for their choice.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• This is the second time in a week that I've seen that question. I had an epidural, but I don't feel bad for it. Every women is different and every birth is different. My sis in law had 3 natural births and was with me when I gave birth and didn't make me feel bad because I asked for drugs. If you choose to take drugs, don't feel bad for it later. And if you do that's on you. I don't feel bad and I would never bash anyone either way. Thats just stupid.
    Anonymous

• I just don't understand why someone would willingly put their child at risk with a full out radicalized birth.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009