Do you agree with partial birth abortions?

Where the child is already in its 3rd trimester?? Feel free to read my journal:: http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1476160/Is_It_Okay_To_Kill_A_Child

I respect every single opinion and point of view. =)

SinCitiChick

Asked by SinCitiChick at 2:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I absolutely do not. What if Harriette Tubmans mother had had an abortion? Once upon a time I thought abortion was okay in cases of rape but my husband said something to me. What about the baby? Everyone is so concerned about how the woman is affected people don't think about the baby who's natural instinct is to fight for his life. Their is no life circumstance that could arise to make that child wish he had never been born, so why kill him?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• no. My 1st dd was born at 34 weeks and they will do those then...There was nothing wrong with her! This is an awful practice! And the "saving a mothers a life" is a TOTALLY diff issue. I don't think it should be called abortion if it's a life or death situation!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Love that answer katie :)

I too, agree that its wrong.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I do not agree with any type of abortion BUT I DO NOT think this is the place for this. I think this should be posted int he Politics and Current Events section.

Just my opinion but that's where questions like this are normally posted.

Posting it here will take the attention away from questions from concerned pregnant moms who are looking for answers.
    Anonymous

• I am NOT ok with 3rd trimester abortions. At this point in time even if you have to take the baby out to save the mother's life, the baby still has an excellant chance of survival, so even if you don't agree that early abortion is murder, there is no way you can argue that later term isn't murder.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 3:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• omg anon i hate when people run their mouth on what category to post something in. Most people don't read questions by category they go by newest questions. How do I know? Because once a question hits about page 4 or 5 of newest questions they no longer get answers. So drop it. Who cares.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No, but then I dont believe in abortion at all ever in any form. But partial birth abortion is just plan sick. Any one who has ever read up on it knows. I is murder plain and simple. I cant understand how such a thing could ever be legalanywhere, They have done study after study that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the baby feels pain from the " procedure" (see Murder). How is that ok? I know there are going to be people that say "well what about if the mother will die if she continues the pregnancy?" or "what if there's no chance of life for the baby and they will die as soon as they come out?" All in gods hands. I have also read studies that show how many "procedures" are done because a doctor says that what ever is wrong with the baby is not compatible with life and when the autopsy is done they find a perfectly healthy baby that would have been fine if it had not been brutally killed first.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Oh yikes. I think it's a terrible thing. But if a woman's life is in danger, than I'm for it. No point really, making a martyr out of herself and leaving her family behind. I can see how that would be a very hard decision, but I think if it were me, I would probably choose an abortion over my own death. What a sad situation to be in.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• no there is not reason 4 it!
    its krull and wrong!
    littlemommy202

Answer by littlemommy202 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with most of you. I believe that if the mother's life was at stake- then it should not be called an abortion. Because no one has the right to judge someone who is concerned with their life- and god only knows- that I would never want to be in that situation. But to those women who wait that long to have an abortion.. I understand I am NO ONE to judge- but that is just cruel and murder and a completer disregard for human life. When doctor's say that a child is going to be sick or have a disability- well then so be it, that does not mean (in my opinion) that the child does not deserve to live.. god does what he does, for a reason. Every child whether it be sick or not- is special. My mom was told to have an abortion because "supposedly" my little sis was going to come out sick-it worried my mom to death, but she stuck it out. My sister was born 100% healthy. Can you ladies imagine if she would've listened 2 the doc
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 3:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009