• In the Spotlight:

Baby has nights and days mixed...

Is there anything that I can do to change this. She is only 6 days old. She sleeps for longer periods thru the day than she does at night. She is not fussy at night time, just awake more often. Will she grow out of this on her own or is there something I can do to change it?

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is nothing u can do they will grow out of it she only 6 days old the more they grow the better they get my son is 2months old and he still has the say promble she will get there good luck
    indianlove

Answer by indianlove at 3:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Six days? Why concern yourself w/ this?? Just be happy that she sleeps and take advantage of it! The only thing you can do is make days more active than nights, but don't push anything. Make an obvious difference with things like day is bright, night is dim, day is noisy (not loud), night is quiet, day is toys/play/people, night is cuddling w/ mommy, etc. She'll catch on when she's ready =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My baby was like that too when we brought her home.It's all so blurry now, LOL...I was so tired,omg.But one day it was like over night..my little nightling slept for 5 hours straight at night, then 6...now at almost 4 months here...she's sleeping from 9:30 at night till about 6 a.m. Halleluiah! lol. I started doing a night time ritual which seemed to help a lot. I give her a nice warm bath.Give her a lotion massage then sing or read a short story to her, give her her last night bottle, then she's out like a light.Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• she will set her sleep schedual..my baby girl took about 2 months till she finally set hers and still slept about 16 hours a day. dont worry she'll figure it out i was worried to but its just normal for that age
    alyselee

Answer by alyselee at 10:56 PM on Jun. 4, 2009