how would you react?

monday night me and my so got into an arguement because i was upset that i was in pain all day and had to do a million things and he wasnt helping me....the pain got really bad and i went to L&D and he went home and just said "ill call u later" so i sat in L&D and had to listen to them tell me that im having preterm contractions at 24 weeks and luckily my cervix is still closed or else i'd have to have my baby now...i have to lay in bed all day and take medicine because they say i have an infection thats causing me to have contractions...well my SO didnt call or anything to see if me and his baby were ok yesterday..i got a message today from him...
i feel really hurt that he wasnt there and hasnt been there since i came home from the hospital...i feel like he doesnt care about me or this baby but he acts all excited about having the baby....

how would you react if you were me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• i'd kill him
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• well it sure seems as he doesnt care with the way he is acting. How old is he if you don't mind my asking? Some guys tend to get nervous/sacred about having a baby especially if its his first and they show it awful ways. Just try and sit down with him and explain how you feel and what he is doing is hurting you. Try and reassure him and let him know that it will all be ok. Hes nervous about being a daddy but if its the first baby for you two, hes scared hes losing the life you two have   together. Tell him yes, things are going to change, a lot, but in a good way. Good luck hun. I hope he mans up for you.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i would leave him if that is how he felt.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• As hard as it may be, try to keep your emotions in check (no crying, no yelling) and let him know how much you want him to be a part of the pregnancy. Ask for his opinion on what to do - if he gives the ideas, then he's invested. If he doesn't have an opinion, or doesn't hear you out, then unfortunately you have your answer & it's his loss!
    jj.mominmd

Answer by jj.mominmd at 4:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i would tell him to fuck off & find someone else to be an asshole to.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would sit him down and ask him if he wants to be a part of you and the babys life or not. If he says yes be clear about what you need form hima nd if he cannto give you that then he isnt ready for a baby or a relationship and you are better off. Trust me a baby doesnt make a bad man change into a super wonderful "OMG he's perfect for his baby" type of guy. If anything it makes a selfish man more so.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I would be pissed if my SO acted that way while I was hurting!! That is messed up!! I would talk to him and let him know how you are feeling and let him know that you are going to need help doing things until the baby is born and after the baby is born after all it is his child too!! If he still acts like an ass tell him to hit the road cuz you don't need that stress!!
    ccpniowa2007

Answer by ccpniowa2007 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• aww, thats pretty sh!**y of him. Being pregnant makes a person so emotional as it is..then for him to act like that on top of it. In all honesty..if I were to put myself right into your shoes..I know what I would be doing. I would be crying and acting a lunatic,calling him and wanting to know why he's an ass,lol. But in giving advice I would have to say, try to relax and take care of yourself and your baby.You can't control the way someone is or the way they act..no matter how stupid or ilogical (is that a word?lol) it may be. If he wants to be there and if he cares...he needs to get his act together and not act like a selfish fool.Want me to kick his butt? lol..j/k obviously.Do you of other outside support?Family?Friends?People that love you and will be there for you and help you out a little under these circumstances? You poor girl, hang in there.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009