Can I have dental work done if I am pregnant??

I have a chipped tooth and now it has gotten worse I just want it to get yanked out to stop the pain I have heard horror stories about what could happen if you don't get your teeth taken care of while your pregnant... just wondering if anybody knows the answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your dentist
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Depends on what they are doing. I had some fillings done while I was pregnant. Just call your dentist and let them know you are pregnant and they will decide what is safe or unsafe for your baby. They will not do xrays... that's for sure.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Yes you can depending on what week you are. I was like 17-18 weeks and had two teeth pulled. Just let ur dentist know so he dosent do x rays.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 3:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• thank you all for your input I called the dentist facility here and they said that I would have to get written permission by my OB because I am pregnant with twins so they (the dentist) consider me highrisk even tho my OB does not... I am waiting for my OB to call me back now and I am hoping I can get in there before this week is over!!
    Anonymous

• I got a tooth pulled at the very beginning of my 2nd trimester. They also did x-rays..but they put 2 shields on me. My OB ok'd it all.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 3:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had a tooth pulled with shots and all. My Dr. okayed it.
    stars_silly

Answer by stars_silly at 5:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009