hgc not changing

I was given a hgc blood test to make sure I was expecting..even tho I knew I was. The first number was 802 then they did it again in 2 days the number was 806. I am aware this is bad. I know all bout it trust me I have done my research. I go back for another test on monday. I just wondered if any one had similar experience..or knew any one who did. And who has heard of going full term after something like this? I am worried. We are ready for this baby..and will be devastated if I loose it. I have had no bleeding or cramping so I hear that means it could be ectopic or a blighted ovum.. like i said I have done my research!
what have you heard??

HeatherLorraine

Asked by HeatherLorraine at 3:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly...No I've not personally know anyone who sucessfully carried a baby when their numbers weren't at least rising.

My step mom experienced the same thing. Her numbers were rising slightly but not doubling. She went back for a check every 48-72 hours for 5 weeks. Her baby's heart stopped beating at 9 weeks and she was sscheduled for a D&C.

BUT everyone is different! This could be completely different for you. I wish you the best of luck!
    Anonymous

• I had a blighted ovum and that is exactly what happened to me:( My numbers didnt increase, nor decrease. The baby had stopped developing but my body didnt realize it so my HCG levels stayed the same
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Call your Dr and see if you can try to start on progesterone, that is exactly what happened to me and I started on the progesterone suppositories after reading some about it and carried to term. It is more likely to work if you have already seen a heartbeat though. Not raising is not a good sign, as you well know but untill your numbers start dropping dont give up hope. Message me if you need more info on the progesterone.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• mine didnt double every 48 hours and they were CONVINCED it was ectopic- I refused to have the opperation to check things out until they were positive and Im glad I didnt because Im 28 weeks with my son now-
    however I was 5 weeks when I found out and my numbers were in the 8,000 it bearly doubled but it raised...
    good luck mama, I hope things work out.
    Ill pray for you!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I lost the baby on 6/16..thank you guys for your answers
    HeatherLorraine

Answer by HeatherLorraine at 4:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2009