My son is 3.5 years old and isn't potty trained yet. He seems to be doing well peeing and staying dry through the night but he won't get on the potty to poop. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it took me a while to get my daughter comfortable pooping on the potty. she's 2 years old and has been working with it for about 2-3 months and the first few times i sat with her and told her to relax and take her time. i kept telling her she would get m&m's if she did poopoo on the potty and sure enough it took about 15 min but she finally pooped. rewards work great when starting out! now she is eager to go all the time lol and half the time she wants to be alone!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Let me know when you find out...I've still been fighting my 3 year old daughter...
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:31 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Since he's close to 4, try poop jail.
    Once he's been checked and found to be fine, try poop jail.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/562/forums/read/7107108/Poop_Training_Information_HERE

It's not recommended for toddlers or younger preschoolers though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009