kia sedona or honda odyssey 03

we have been looking to get a van to fit the new baby. i have done some research & need help deciding. the honda says that for 03 the transmissions can go out & be costly the kia nothing wrong with it. kia is cheaper but i found a really nice honda with everything i'm looking for especially having the power doors cause i often have my hands full & have put my purse or items on my trunk of car which resulted a couple times losing items when driving off. the honda is fully loaded with just about everything but is priced at $8850 & the kia not at around $5800 to $8500 but really think the 8500 one if priced to high. so it seems to me if i want extra features kia is not the way to go but then i risk with honda it being close to transmission going bad on me but maybe not. does anyone have an 03 honda & have transmission problems? i asked transmission shop & they said if clean fluid then & never towed it should be fine even con't

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Honda's are better quality cars..If you look at the bluebook value at resale time you get more for it then a Kia.

Answer by louise2 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• even though it has 110k miles. which is not bad for honda. having those extra features are important but i don't want to buy a lemon. what would you do and again does anyone have a 03 honda that the transmission went bad on? or if you had a kia sedona how did you like it?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i would say honda, but i think the best van out there is the nissans! especially for kids! nissan quest is great! my friend has a nissan quest for 3 kids and loves it! absolutely, no matter how much u pay, u will be happy! just check out ur cloest nissan dealership.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 3:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have to say I've driven both, and the Kia was very uncomfortable for me. I am tall, 5'11", but the seat didn't adjust very well to my height at all. My hair was rubbing the ceiling. I felt like I was jammed into the dashboard and the steering wheel. I was just very uncomfortable. The only thing worse as far as comfort goes is the '07 Dodge Caravan. Odysseys are very comfortable. And Toyota Siennas are very comfortable as well.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• actually if you look at the kia ratings you'll find that they are just as good as honda and for every yr unlike the honda and yeah i won't get back much for it when i resell but i intend on keeping it forever. i only got a loan of 10k so limited on what i can purchase. no quest for sale in my area. very odd. few siennas but they are the cheaper version with no options. i'll just keep looking.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i ended up buying a honda i sacrificed the extra features but it was still a great value. it's an 05 with 60k miles for 10,5k
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 6, 2009