how do I stop my 4 year old from pooping in his pants?

has been potty trained for at least 1 year doesn't care if he sits in it all day have tried trowing unders away and everything next step doctors office

NickelBelle

Asked by NickelBelle at 3:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First step - doctor's office. Make sure he doesn't have any physical problems first.

Once he's been checked and found to be fine, try poop jail.
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/562/forums/read/7107108/Poop_Training_Information_HERE
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have friend whose ds was 10 before she took him to the dr about that same issue. She tried everything including making him clean his own underwear out. Turned out that he has major constipation issues & I guess he was scared to go. I would def recommend getting him checked out. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• After the doctor the best thing that I found that has taught my step daughter about peeing in her pants, and my friend used this method for herlittle boy. Buy underwear with charatcers on them let him pick them out. Tell him that if he pees or poopd on spiderman that spiderman will go bye bye. If he pees or poops on spiderman take all the spiderman toys from his room put them up high out of his reach and tell him that when he starts potting in the potty spiderman will come back, the next pair of undies the hulk if you pee or poo on the hulk he goes bye bye like spiderman and so on and so on it works.
    hannahsothermom

Answer by hannahsothermom at 4:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009