Have you or someone you known ever lied about being pregnant?

My brother's wife(we'll call her Sally) is claiming that she is pregnant. Usually I would be excited, but this is the 3rd time she is claiming this! Each time she plays it out for 5-6 months then all of a sudden she has a "miscarriage". Each time she is alone---how convienient. I asked what hospital she went to and coincidently a very good friend of mine worked there. First I called the hospital the day after her "miscarriage", and asked them did they have a patient named Sally. They said no. I then asked had she checked out already, they said that they hadn't had a Sally there. I then had my friend do some digging. Sally had NEVER been to that hospital...NEVER. So I'm came to the conclusion that she is lying.AGAIN! Why? I understand really wanting a baby. But not pretending to be pregnant! That causes so much pain! This is not the only person I've known to do this. What are your stories? How did it end?

brysons_mommy08

Asked by brysons_mommy08 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ask to see a pregnancy test. My boyfriend didnt believe me so for days I was walking around with 2 positive pregnancy tests in a zip lock bag lol. I also took a picture of them side by side because I'm thinking of starting a scrapbook. Bring up wanting to start something like that and say you'd think it would be a great idea to take a picture of the pregnancy tests and place it in the first page of the scrapbook. (This way it doesnt sound invasive if it turns out she really is prego)
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had a friend who said she was pregnant to find out it was "twins" then mysteriously she lost one we didnt stay friends for long since she owed me a crap load of money and refused to pay it back because her pregnancy was "difficult" I had even offered to teach her how to work from home so she wouldnt be in such a bad position but she always flaked out. people started to whisper around town that she was "faking it" and sure enough 5 months later she still didnt have any baby bump in fact she had lost weight. It is VERY uncommon to miscarry that late in a pregnancy. It usually happens from extreme truama where a significant amount of blood is lost or sever malnoutrition due to illness. If she has miscarried 3 times she should have seen a doctor to dig deeper into WHY she is miscarrying. I would ask her about that because ANY decent doctor would have done follow ups by now to see why she is miscarrying. cont
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• how exactly does her husband feel about all this I mean he should know best
    katiekruschke

• No.
    But your sil seems to have some kind of mental illness to do that.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I asked to see the pregnancy test the 2nd time she was "pregnant". She got really offended and about a week later she showed me a piece of paper that she claimed to have gotten from a clinic with a wriiten pregnancy confirmation on it. It looked like something she printed of her computer herself! I didnt believe her then, and sure enough 2 months later..."miscarriage". As far as a baby bump goes...she's on the heavy side and I haven't ever really notice any change with her weight. My brother never talks about it w/ me. But I can tell it hurts him. I asked him this time did he believe she was pregnant....he didnt reply. She never tells me she's pregnant and to me that seems even more suspisous b/c we were really good friends until all this started happening. I went and spents 100's of dollars on baby items the first time and was so hurt when she didnt have the baby. I believed her at first then stuff just wasnt making sense.
    brysons_mommy08

Answer by brysons_mommy08 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• CRY FOR ATTENTION>>>>shes been watching too much lifetime..is their relationship okay...i hope your brother isnt falling for it..only it would suck if she finally was and no one believed her...HMMMM
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• A girl at my kid's daycare (SCARY) did this recently. She was a heavy girl and never said anything to me about being pregnant. I really liked her, and I asked her if she'd be interested in babysitting one night. She was really vague with her answer. I mentioned this to one of the other girls there and she told me that the girl was pregnant and actually overdue. I was very surprised, but the girl I talked to also said that there had been some speculation among them that the pregnancy might not be real even though she was taking off for appointments on a regular basis. The following week the daycare owner confronted her and she said she had had a miscarriage months before and couldn't bring herself to tell anyone. The owner asked her to leave because she obviously didn't need to be around babies whether her story was true or not. I'm glad she's not there anymore, but I also feel really sorry for her.
    Anonymous

• YES!! i have a daughter already, and my friend is so jealous and is constantly saying how she and her boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant...for the past YEAR. i am 5 weeks pregnant, and the day after i announced it she said that she is pregnant too. bull...i asked everyone, including her boyfriend, and they all said they don't know what i am talking about. some girls are so stupid...i think she is just jealous because she can't get pregnant and she didn't want me to get the attention that comes with a pregnancy. it's really sad you know...some women are just too desperate but i don't see what good can come of faking it...everyone will realize you lied when 9 months passes and you don't have a baby
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 8:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• my SO's sil has a 2 yro. i was about 13 wks. she had been trying and she loves the attention from people. long story. she called and told my SO that she was preg before she even told her dh (his bro). then a couple days later she called him (my SO) crying saying she had had a miscarriage. she hadnt even told her dh yet. he was on his way home. no one in the family believes that she was ever preg. they all think she was just trying to get attention. she had told her dh that she didnt want to be pregnant at the same time as me (my first, her 2nd) because she wouldnt get enough attn. her words, they fought about it. Her dh still doesnt believe it ever happened. she never went to the dr, or hosp. supposedly she had a dr appt for the next day but she canceled it because she miscarried.? weird. i think most people would have went. i think she was just late and then started her period. our mil is the only believer
    Anonymous

• Each time she plays it out for 5-6 months then all of a sudden she has a "miscarriage

so she has a "miscarriage" that late????? stillbirth it would be. that right there is weird
    Anonymous