Back to work

How did you deal with going back to work part time/full time?

MoMosMommy439

Asked by MoMosMommy439 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• Lol...I love previous answer. I basically did the same thing. It's very hard to go back to work after ANY time off but especially right after having a baby. Could you afford going only part time? Does where you work offer to allow you to work from home sometimes? Does it have childcare options? After daycare & other expenses does you working or not have impact on family income? If your expenses due to work over ride your pay check then don't go back & find something you can do at home to earn extra money. Is there anything you can do without to save money? such as eating out,entertaining,etc? Cut costs where you can, try the being home thing for a while & if after 3-6 months it's not working revisit the going back to work thing. Good luck!
    3Dani75

Answer by 3Dani75 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I work part time out of the spare room, make almost as much as I did before once you consider daycare, commute, clothes, etc... My stress level is way down, my kids love being home and I am not missing any of the milestone moments. If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information. Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I'll be honest with you, not very well. I ended up quitting. I stayed at work for a whole month and my daughter went to daycare. But my husband and I talked and decided it was best for me to be home with her, and I also went back to school but am taking online classes so my baby doesn't have to go to daycare.
    Anonymous

• lol..I effing hate my job. But I get to set my own hours and it pays more than anywhere else in town. I would quit in a heartbeat if I could, but I am a single parent and have to many bills to do that. I am hoping they fire me so that I get unemployment.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 4:25 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It was very hard for me but what made it a little easier was that I had my grandmother babysitting. So I knew that they were in very good hands. It is rough though.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009