Pain in Breast yrs after mastitis, could it be related to Mastitis?

Hey ladies. When DS was idk 8 months I got Mastitis. DS is now 5. Well when I was PG this yr my breasts def were tingly, sore and I could tell the same spot I had mastitis in was bothering me. Well after I MC'd that seemed to have gone away, but this month when AF came it bothered me again. AF is ALMOST gone, but the pain in my breast is not. It isn't excruciating like mastitis is... it is more so a dull shooting and ANNOYING pain. I get the urge to massage it away until it feels better, but thank goodness no one has come in my office! Do you think it could be related to the mastitis? I asked a LLL leader about this when I was PG, and we never got back together to discuss it in person. Have any of you experienced this (pain yrs after the fact)? I have a doc appoint on the 15th maybe I'll bring it up then and see what he thinks.

suekeem

Asked by suekeem at 3:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• Ive been dealing with something similar. I had mastitis almost 5 years ago and ever since then, every now and again I get a dull pain in the same spot that was infected. Right now I was looking it up online because it's happening. My OBGYN said about 4 years ago that as long as it wasnt too bad of pain and there was no inflammation or discharge that everything is fine, and they are just "phantom" pains or something. I only looked it up because someone I knew of just died of breast cancer that she wasnt even aware she had, so it had me freaking out about it. So I am going to say that through all the research Ive done in the past couple days that it is normal. Warm compress and tylenol helps a little. I guess it's just an annoyance to be delt with for life LOL Hope that helps :)
    ZOCCOLA

Answer by ZOCCOLA at 9:00 PM on Jul. 13, 2009