Has anyone INTRODUCED whole milk at 11 mos.?

I know it's supposed to be after a year but I'm on WIC and his formula checks stop when he's 12 mos. so I was thinking about starting to introduce it a month early so that by the time he's 1 he will be fully on whole milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did at 10 mos. My son just flat out refused formula. He was totally fine with it at that age.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I started giving my son whole milk at 6 months, because I didn't qualify for WIC and I just couldn't afford the formula anymore. He has always been healthy. So it shouldn't be a problem for you to start at 11 months.
    Anonymous

• I didn't know you could honestly. My son is almost 11 months, I guess I can try it now. How much should I give him at first? i know not a lot but ounce-wise? Im not the poster btw, just another young mom confused about when to start some new things
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 4:04 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I switched at 11 month
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Around that time I started adding it to formula. I started with about 3/4 formula and 1/4 milk, and each week I added more milk and less formula until it was all milk. My daycare recommended it and our pediatrician said it was fine.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:55 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I switched one at 8 mths and one at 10 mths they are doing great!!
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 7:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• It will not harm them at 11. Do not introduce it that early if anyone in your family has a milk allergy though.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:26 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i started using half formula and half reg milk when my baby was 11 mths old and right when she turned 12 mths it was only cow milk.
    gris69

Answer by gris69 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I started my son on regular milk when he was about 6 months old. Only giving him a little at a time in between feedings. He wasn't gaining any weight and the milk helped put some weight on him and then the doctor was happy. He was about 9 months when he just drank regular milk and no more formula. It didn't hurt him.
    cadensmommiie07

Answer by cadensmommiie07 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009