Is colon cleansing okay/safe for baby while nursing? Does it affect my baby at all?

I know it might be TMI... Sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Health

• gramsmom...I did a colon cleanse one time. Had no problems just did it for fun/curiosity. niether me or my friend who also did it experienced any diarhea. I didnt do it to lose wieght, but to just get out any old stuff that could be stuck to the walls. I did dr. natura. It was interesting, I never got out anything like the pictures on the website but when i went it was productive. No cramping, no running to the bathroom. I wouldnt do it while BF unless you were having a serious problem and the doctor said it was ok. I think the website has a list of ingredients and you could research them indvidually online but really dont risk it unless it is medically necessary and okayed by dr.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My doctor told me that all colon cleanses are, pardon the pun, crap. If you lose any weight it will only be water weight in the diarhea you have for DAYS on end. You will gain that back. A colon is EXTREMELY clean, there is no reason to "cleanse" it.

I also would NOT do that while BFing, you don't need your baby peeing out his or her butt for days and becoming dehydrated and losing weight.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Not enough info..

What type of colon cleansing are you talking about??

Answer by louise2 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009