My daughter has an ear infection and is very uncomfortable. Besides doing the normal antibiotic remedy, is there anything to relieve her pain?

woodsapril

Asked by woodsapril at 3:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• There are over the counter drops that will numb the ear. I'm not sure about age vs. dosage, but I know they are available. Also, try placing a warm moist cloth over her ear for a few minutes at a time.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 3:58 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• tylenol or ibproferen for sure and then yeah they sell a homeopathic all natural ear drops at walgreens and cvs that will help her as well.Hope she feels better.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:12 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with the pp, try a warm moist cloth over her ear. After my son got his 3rd ear infection I invested in a stuffed puppy (Warm Whiskers) that you stick in the microwave. He would just cuddle up with it and the heat would soothe his ear. It also has lavender in it which helped calm him down.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• There are over the counter numbing drops or ask your doctor for a prescription for the numbing drops, they were a life saver for us. We also alternated every 4 hours between Tylenol and Advil,  a wet wash cloth warmed in the microwave will also help.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:38 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Warm moist heat is great as well as some motrin or tylenol. Try a rice sock.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:34 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Apple cider vinegar in the ear.
    It has become rare to treat ear infections with antibiotics. http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/ear-infection/news/20060912/cutting-antibiotics-for-ear-infections

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Jun. 3, 2009