Are matchy names corny?

My first child's name is ShayLee Grace (Lee is my grandfathers middle name my great grandmothers first name and my dad's middle name and grace is my husband's grannys name)i want to name my second child EmmaLee Joy (joyce was my great grandmothers name) if its a girl and RyeLee Wayne (wayne is a family thing from my husband) if its a boy!! my husband thinks its corny i think its cute

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't like doing names like that. But I think the names are kind of cute. A friend of mine just had a baby girl and named her EmmaLee.

My BIL's name is Shea. His brothers are Shaun and Shane. lol
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 4:30 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Uh it wouldn't be as corny if they were all spelled correctly.
    Anonymous

• Yes I am with your DH on this.CORNY. Let your kids have different names.
    To me that's like dressing all your kids alike all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I think that capitalizing the middle of a name looks corny....but the names themselves are cute and obviously have special meaning to you, but I would also consider not spelling Ryelee like that, I would just go with Rylee.
    MammaToBella

Answer by MammaToBella at 4:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I also think it's a bit much.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:50 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I agree with anon "Uh it wouldn't be as corny if they were all spelled correctly."

I prefer the spelling "Riley." but however you spell it you should loose the random capitol letters or just make Lee the middle name.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009