How can I project my voice in large classrooms?

I am soft spoken and now I am looking for a job so I need osme advice to help with my voice, help, thanks

happymom384

Asked by happymom384 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Practice talking to the corner of a room from the opposite corner. Imagine you are talking to the corner in order to have your voice "bounce back" to you. The goal is not to yell out the words, but to project the words outward.
    Anonymous

• You need to learn how to expand and conrtol your diaphram and lungs. The more air you use the louder you can be. Take a deep breath before you talk, pretend everyone is partially deaf, and use your body as a sling shot for your sound =)
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 8:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Breathe deep with your abdomen, not shallow with just your lungs. Take a deep breath. If your shoulders move, you aren't doing it properly. Your stomach should be what's moving. Then, with your head up (not staring at the roof up, just don't tuck your chin down or look at the floor), speak "from your gut".

The same exercises that work for singing work for this. You also might try doing an Internet search for voice projection exercises.  It might take time, but if you keep practicing, you'll get it.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:14 AM on Jun. 4, 2009

• You know, the best teacher my son ever had was very soft spoken. It made the kids be super quiet to listen. Now, you might have a hella time getting teenager's attention in the first place but once you get that out of the way I think you'll be fine.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 5, 2009