Anyone else have cramping or discomfort after being check for dialation and effacment at the doctor?

I'm having a few cramps near my pubic bone and a little bit of discomfort in my lower back (although I think I may need to have a bowl movement so that could explain the lower back issue...sorry if TMI)

Is it normal to have a little discomfort after a vaginal exam?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I kindof had pain after that checkup not to bad in my back, if it gets worse go to the doctors
    Good luck
    Anonymous

• I just got checked 1 hr ago and labor and delivery. She said cramping is NOT normal, but slight bleeding is.

Id call your doc just to make sure.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I had a lot of cramping and low back pain at the end of my pregnancy. When I asked my doctor about it she said it was totally normal and to just take it easy - she also said my baby was sunny side up which explained my back pain because he was pushing on my spine. Some of that could be braxton hicks too. By the way... it always felt like I was about to have a bowel movement at the end! There was so much baby weight pushing on everything. : ) Hang in there.
    liz2004hb

Answer by liz2004hb at 4:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I went into labor the day after I had that check up. The cramping is normal. But just to be safe, call your Dr. if your worried. Good luck!
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• My doctor says cramping and light bleeding is normal.
    But it never hurts to give them a call.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 5:14 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• cramping is totally normal... one of the things they do during vaginal checks is try to irritate your cervix... they will try to stretch it and they might strip your membranes. I personally dont feel any need to call the doc about cramping or contractions but thats just me:)
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:32 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• good question! i am having this exact same issue right now, and wasnt sure how to ask it. so thank you for asking.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:01 PM on Jun. 3, 2009