Have you ever called anyone the N-- word?

Someone called my son that at school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would never ever in a thousand years say that word. i was raised hearing that word and didnt like it then. my son wont hear that word. i have already fore warned my family, if we are visiting and i hear that word, it will be end of visit.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No that is so rude. When will we ever learn :(

This is just the way the world is...that is so sad.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No, but I feel like it. There's this nasy girl at my daughters school who wants to attack her and bulliles her all the time. My daughters been to the counselor about her, but nothing seems to get done. I think that that's and absolute sickening and hateful word but I can't stand this big nasty girl.
    Anonymous

• Yes... I am black and they were Caucasian... but totally embodying the meaning of the N word better than I ever could.
    Anonymous

• Never! It's ignorant, rude, disrespectful and most of all RACIST! I would be reporting that student to the principal!!!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No. My husband is black. MY KIDS ARE BLACK. Omgosh its a horrible word.

Plus, the meaning the of the word "Nigger" is a lazy person. If it was used that way, it wouldnt be so bad, but people say it to be hateful towards african americans.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:49 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• No. Never. My kids usually don't say "bad" words, but if they were to drop an F bomb I wouldn't be upset (although I hope they don't do it in front of my husband's grandmother... LOL) but this word is just not allowed in our house, and I won't let anyone say it -- or any other racial slur -- around my kids. Ever. Not without getting an earful for me. Honestly I'm not big on punishment but if a child says it to another kid, I think they should be suspended.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:51 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• nope
    girl_in_the_D

Answer by girl_in_the_D at 4:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• i grew up in a house where it was used alot & so yes, i have called an ass hole black dude a nigger, but it's about the same as them calling us crackers or honey's or rednecks.... just something that comes out when you're mad... i don't say it anymore b/c i don't want my dd saying it
    Anonymous

• Never...I've had a black person call me a f-ing cracker though. I was 9 mos pregnant coloring on the sidewalk with my 2 toddlers when they walked by and said that. Completely unprovoked!

I think it's terrible for anyone to call anyone else something horrible based on their appearances.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 3, 2009