If you believe in "white light" stuff...

Like love and light and positive energy, do you still have days where you just are SO snarky and intolerant? Or have you managed to overcome that? I'm in rare form today. :-/

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 4:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I work with the white light when I am doing magick and have seen it in a NDE. But everybody has a dark side. Sometimes you feel like a bitch...sometimes you don't! Hee-hee!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:30 PM on Jun. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I do. Just look at my earlier post. I let some things get to me and it took some talking to my guide and some requests for white light to get me to realize that I was being intolerant (and some wonderful words from other CM'ers). So, yeah, i do still have bad days. You can't expect the white light to be there all the time. You still haev to ask for it sometimes.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I totally believe in goodness over all else, but I can be quit the bitch as you all know! lol!

When I read your question I thought you meant like after death. I was a little confused when I read the rest... loL!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Let me tell you what my mom told me about her experience with "white light." This happened to her when she was VERY depressed--almost at the point of suicide. She lay in her bed contemplating the means by which she would end her life-- SUDDENLY the room glowed as bright as the brightest sunshine she could ever imagine, and standing there by her window was the most beautiful man she had ever seen! She said he had WINGS with layer upon layer of feathers that flowed down and encircled his feet. She said she was enveloped by a peace that overcame the depression. She said, she was SO startled by him that she looked away for just a second, then he was GONE and so was the light!! I have envied her for years for this visitation by an angel--without realizing that God has sent MANY angels to rescue ME and my family in times of trouble, as well. Her depression LIFTED and she felt at peace. My mom can relate this exp. even todayShe is 80
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:17 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I have my days. I think the bigger thing is to recognize the fact that we all have those days and just work on through them and work at having a better tomorrow.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• MY NORMAL MOOD IS A MELLOW HAPPY ONE, IT TAKES A LOT FROM ME TO GET MAD, IT IS NOT EASY TO GET ME MAD, BUT WHEN I DO LOOK OUT!!!!

Answer by older at 7:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Thanks guys... I've got a splitting headache and was getting pretty combative about some of the posts here. I don't like feeling like that at all.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:19 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Aprilmorgans--what a beautiful story!! Your mother was truly blessed by this event. I too wasn't sure what you meant by the white light. I was thinking of after death also. I have always believed that there is a bright white light that we are to follow when we pass on. I also believe that some people with "near death experiences" see this bright light as well.
    White is the symbol of purity, and when I'm so down in the dumps that I feel overwhelmed, I try to imagine myself sitting somewhere being engulfed in this bright white light. It does bring peace to my heart.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• I used to be pretty mellow, ok most of the time. At least in the years after I got my pms/pmdd under control.

But for the last few months, it's like I get super pissed at any little thing. Not just bitchy...but the "I'm going to rip somebodies freaking head off" type stuff. I don't know what's going on Before anyone says anything, no, I don't have any money to go see a doctor about it. I need to figure out what's going on soon. Although it could be from lack of sleep...I never seem to get enough anymore. Maybe when the boys are off for their 6-week summer visit with their mom.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Aww Daisy, I'm sorry... I've only seen you be sweet and positive here so I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling grouchy like that. I hate that.

I was using "white light" as kind of a shorthand... referring to this meaning:

"One who believes in or seeks the White Light. Hence, anyone seeking enlightenment. Originally used as a pejorative for New Agers."

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 11:33 PM on Jun. 3, 2009