how do i bottle feed my 4 month baby?

my baby is 4 months soon to be 5 and she has been breastfed so far. I need to get her used to the bottle but she refuses it, even when i put breastmilk in it. i need help. Please help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jun. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try different nipple types..my son is VERY picky or he was..and try it at different times of the day...when shes really hungry..or when she eats the least and see which one works best. a couple magazines say try to replace the breast with the smallest bottle of the day like the one in the middle of the night and work your way from there.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• What is the reason she needs to be switched to a bottle?

And often the mother can't get the baby to take a bottle - you need to get your SO or other person to do that. As long as the baby can smell/sense YOU, she's going to want you. So perhaps try to have someone else give her one bottle-feeding a day while you go for a walk around the block or something. And then just work up to more than one bottle. You can also continue to breastfeed once or twice a day, even if she is taking a bottle most of the time -- so you can be flexible and find what works best for you and your baby.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:56 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Consider trying a sippy cup.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We tried about 2-3 different bottle/nipple types until we found one that DS liked. I recommend the Adiri - they are more like a natural nipple than others. They're pricey, but it was the one that worked for us when we had to transition from boob to bottle.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 5:09 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• Let someone else do it. You giving a bottle is like your grandma giving you stale storebought cookies while waving a plate of her own freshly baked cookies under your nose. **smile**

Hand baby and bottle...or sippy cup, she's not too young, over to caregiver and exit, stage right.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:02 PM on Jun. 3, 2009